Application Guidelines
EM Media Talent Call 2007
To support:
DV Shorts
developing and producing short films
in the East Midlands
• live action drama
• animated drama
• live action documentary
• animated documentary
Deadline for applications is
5pm on Monday 22 October 2007
I will be shadowing a project that Jools is taking part in. I believe from one of his seminars it is called ' Carcas ' an interesting film about a machine that drains you and puts another body inside your skin. I'm confused too.
I have been brainstorming.
1. I had a little daydream the other day about a man who lives in the wilderness but goes to work in the city. I thought it could be visually appealing. Thats a strange one.
2. I read an article about man who moved to Salford, bought a house for £50,000 and was happy until he started getting verbally abused and taunted by youths with nothing better to do. He had a strange relationship with them, he talked to them, was almost friendly with them, yet still they persisted to throw bricks through windows, break in through the back etc. He then got three female polish and slovakian lodgers. At this point they abuse turned more violent and local thugs physically abused him and shouted racist comments, threw eggs and other antisocial behaviour, towards the lodgers until they left. This is just an outline of the story and it also involved alot of other locals and how they were almost scared of the youths.
This can turn out into a great short with interesting plot and plenty of ideas can come from it.
Nod
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you a grauniad reader!! Go figure
Post a Comment