Now that the Client project is finished i will now be focusing on my PRP project and even though I am struggling to perform well in this module, i am going to try and motivate myself into producing some decent artefacts to follow up my first three, which were rushed to catch up with the lack of work put into the front leg of this project.
Artefact 1
I chose to focus on lighting and how it effects the suspense in an audio visual narrative. I chose a clip from a film called ‘ Taxi Driver’ in which I think lighting played a big part in setting the mood of this particular scene. I created a chart on which my test subjects were able to judge the way they reacted and how they felt when watching the scene and I also asked them to write a few sentences on how the lighting effected their reaction. I numbered each section from one to eight, each number being an in between point for two emotions. The emotions ranged from relaxed and safe to fear and intensity. I then created a Facebook group for the test subjects to watch the clip and for myself to gather results.
Artefact 2
I chose to focus on the sound element of film and again asked test subjects to give reactions based on the chart from the previous artfeact. The results from this artefact showed how powerful sound can be in film and the way it alone can carry a narrative.
Artefact 3
I chose to focus on the music element of film, when looking at suspense and emotion it gives to a scene. Results showed that music is a huge part in film when trying to portray a narrative, and in this case it did create a lot of the suspense in the scene, the test subjects showed greater feelings of intensity when watching the clip with the music over the top and if it can create suspense to such effect it can affect viewers when portraying many other emotions also.
Artefact 4
soon
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment